REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
MONDAY, APRIL 9, 2018
MA’EMA’E ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
319 WYLLIE STREET
7:00 P.M. – 9:00 P.M.
There is a 5 minute time limit on presentations and three (3) minutes on all other reports unless authorized by the Chair. The Chair must first recognize any board member or guest desiring to speak. Questions/testimonies are limited to one (1) minute per speaker and no speaker may comment more than twice on each subject. Those who interrupt another speaker are out of order and will not be allowed to comment.
PLEASE SILENCE ALL PHONES, PAGERS, OR OTHER ELECTRONIC DEVICES.
1. CALL TO ORDER: Wesley Fong - Chair
2. GOVERNMENT AGENCIES FORUM (Three (3) minutes each):
2.1 Honolulu Fire Department (Kuakini Station)
2.2 Honolulu Police Department (Kalihi Station)
3. RESIDENTS’/COMMUNITY CONCERNS (3 minutes)
4. REPORTS OF MEMBERS ATTENDANCE AT OTHER MEETINGS
5. FILLING OF VACANCIES
6. ELECTED OFFICIALS AND GOVERNMENT AGENCIES
6.1 Mayor’s Representative – Randy Leong
6.2 District 6 Councilmember – Carol Fukunaga or representative
6.3 District 7 Councilmember – Joey Manahan or representative
6.4 13th Senatorial District – Karl Rhoads or representative
6.5 14th Senatorial District – Donna Mercado Kim or representative
6.6 District 27 Representative – Takashi Ohno or representative
6.7 District 28 Representative – John Mizuno or representative
6.8 Governor’s Representative – Keith Yamamoto
6.9 Board of Water Supply – Iris Oda or representative
7. PRESENTATIONS/INTRODUCTIONS (5 minutes)
7.1 Office of Climate Change – Uyen Vong
7.2 Rezoning – 1661 B Liliha Street – Dennis Silva
8. Approval of March 12, 2018 Minutes
9. UNFINISHED/ONGOING BUSINESS
9.1 Hawaii Public Housing Authority Lanikila Redevelopment project – Carole Kaapu/Donald Nitta
9.2 Catfishing in Nuuanu – Brandon. Mitsuda
10. NEW BUSINESS
10.1 Biki lease and grant – Mela Kealoha Lindsey
10.2 Candidate forum – Permitted Interaction Group (PIG) - Chad Wolke
10.3 Neighborhood Commission 29th Annual Food Drive – Harry Cho
• The Neighborhood Commission Office is taking part in the 2018, 29th Annual Food Drive with the Hawaii Foodbank. Our office will be accepting food or monetary donations towards this worthy cause. The top 5 most needed foods are: Canned Proteins (meat, tuna, chicken); Canned Meals (stew, spaghetti, chili); Canned Vegetables; Canned Fruits; and Rice. Donations can be given to the Neighborhood Assistant at your board meetings or brought down to the NCO at 925 Dillingham Boulevard, Suite 160. Donation Receipts are available upon receipt of food or money. For more information on how you can help, please contact Robert “Dylan” Whitsell at 768-3712 or firstname.lastname@example.org or James Skizewski at 768-3705 or email@example.com.
11. COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS
11.2 St. Francis
11.3 Lanakila Multi-Purpose Senior Center
11.4 Other non-profit organizations
12. BOARD BUSINESS
12.1 Treasurer’s Report (Dale White)
12.2 Report on Oahu Metropolitan Planning Organization (OahuMPO) Citizen Advisory Committee
(CAC) OahuMPO@OahuMPO.org – (Brandon Mitsuda) (CAC meeting is available on the
following website: (http://www.oahumpo.org/citizen/cacmeetingmaterials.html)
13.1 The Next Regular Board Meeting will be Monday, May 14, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. at the Maemae
Elementary School cafeteria
1. Report Potholes: 768-7777 (City); 536-7852 (State)
2. Report Abandoned Vehicles: 768-2530
3. Report Leaking Water Meters: 748-5000
4. Report Illegal Dumping to Office of Environmental Services: 768-3401/3203
5. Bulky Item Pickup: http://www.opala.org/solid_waste/bulky_item_pickup.html. Residents may call (808) 768-3300 or 768-5220 or go online at www.opala.org to report illegal dumping, find collection schedule information, or get more information about collection service and notices of violation.
6. Advance Traffic/Travel Information Website http://www.goakamai.org/Home.aspx.
7. Hawaii Drug Take-Back Program: http://hawaii.gov/ag
8. Homeless Hotline: 791-9359
9. Community Policing Team: 723-8230
10. Complete Streets http://www.completestreets.org/ or http://www.facebook.com/HICompleteStreets
11. Walk Wise Hawaii 535-9091, Lance Rae.
To receive this Board’s agenda and minutes, please contact the Neighborhood Commission, City Hall, Room 406, Honolulu, HI 96813; call 768-3710 or fax 768-3711 or visit www.honolulu.gov/nco
For Accomodations for a physical disability or special physical need at a Neighborhood Board meeting should call the Neighborhood Commission Office at 768-3710, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. and at least 24 hours before the scheduled meeting.
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA