REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 15, 2018
KALIHI UNION CHURCH LIBRARY
2214 NORTH KING STREET
Rules of Speaking: Anyone wishing to speak is asked to raise his/her hand, and when recognized by the Chair, to address comments to the Chair. Speakers and those giving reports are encouraged to keep their comments to less than three (3) minutes. Please silence all electronic devices. Thank you!
1. CALL TO ORDER: By Chair Ryan Mandado
2. FILLING OF ONE (1) AT-LARGE BOARD VACANCY
3. CITY MONTHLY REPORTS – Three (3) Minutes Each: This is an opportunity for everyone to speak directly with representatives of the Honolulu Fire Department, Honolulu Police Department, and the Board of Water Supply. Community residents are encouraged to ask the representatives questions after each report. City representatives are encouraged to remain to listen and respond to concerns under the next agenda item.
A. Honolulu Fire Department
B. Honolulu Police Department – District 1 and District 5
C. Board of Water Supply
D. Honolulu Rail Transit Project (HRTP) – Pat Lee
4. RESIDENTS’ AND COMMUNITY CONCERNS – Three (3) Minutes Each: Meeting participants may present their community concerns at this time. Note – Due to the State “Sunshine Law,” concerns not listed on the agenda may be presented, but no Board action can be taken. Items brought up may be placed on a future agenda for discussion/action.
A. Office of Climate Change, Sustainability and Resiliency – Director Justin Gruenstein
6. CITY ELECTED OFFICIALS – Three (3) Minutes Each: This is an opportunity for everyone to speak directly with representatives of the City Administration and City elected officials. Residents are encouraged to ask the representatives questions after each report. Representatives are encouraged to remain to listen and respond to concerns under the next agenda item.
A. Mayor Kirk Caldwell Representative – Director Sheri Kajiwara
B. Councilmember Joey Manahan – Sherri Ishii
7. STATE ELECTED OFFICIALS – Three (3) Minutes Each: This is an opportunity for everyone to speak directly with representatives of the State Administration and State elected officials.
A. Governor David Ige
B. Senator Donna Mercado Kim
C. Senator Karl Rhoads
D. Senator Glenn Wakai
E. Representative Daniel Holt
F. Representative Romy Cachola
8. NEW BUSINESS
A. Resolution in Support of Honolulu City Council Bill 61 (2018) and Resolution 18-170, Relating to Crosswalks
B. Discuss Board Meeting Location
9. APPROVAL OF THE WEDNESDAY, JULY 18, 2018 REGULAR MEETING MINUTES
10. OTHER REPORTS – Three (3) Minutes Each:
A. Chair’s Report and Correspondence (If necessary)
B. Treasurer’s Report
A. The next Kalihi-Palama Neighborhood Board No. 15 meeting will be on Wednesday, September 19, 2018, 7:00 p.m., at the Kalihi Union Church, 2214 North King Street.
B. The Kalihi-Palama Neighborhood Board No. 15 recordings can be seen on Olelo channel 49 or at www.olelo.org/live at the following times:
-1st Monday of each month at 9:00 p.m.
-2nd and 4th Thursday of each month at 11:00 a.m.
A mailing list is maintained for interested persons and agencies to receive this board’s agenda and minutes. Additions, corrections, and deletions to the mailing list may be directed to the Neighborhood Commission Office (NCO) at Honolulu Hale, Room 406, 530 South King Street, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813; Telephone (808) 768-3710 Fax (808) 768-3711; or call Neighborhood Assistant Janelle Nomura at (808) 768-4224 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Agendas and minutes are also available on the internet at www.honolulu.gov/nco.
Any individual wishing to attend a Neighborhood Board meeting who has questions about accommodations for a physical disability or a special physical need should call the NCO at 768-3710 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. at least three (3) days before the scheduled meeting.
All written testimony must be received in the Neighborhood Commission Office 48 hours prior to the meeting. If within 48 hours, written and/or oral testimony may be submitted directly to the board at the meeting. If submitting written testimony, please note the board and agenda item(s) your testimony concerns. Send to: Neighborhood Commission Office, 530 South King Street, Room 406, Honolulu, HI 96813. Fax: (808) 768-3711. Email: email@example.com.
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA